Updated Practice Guidelines
Our Commitment is to You and Your Health
Our office strictly follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies daily so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued due to COVID-19. Below, please read about the changes we have made to our offices and the dental appointment experience in response to COVID-19.
Please Call Us to Reschedule Your Appointment If You Answer YES to Any of the Questions Below:
(Regardless of vaccination, booster or past COVID-19 positive test/recovery.)
- Have you had a POSITIVE COVID-19 test result within the past 10 days, regardless of symptoms?
- Have you been exposed to a known COVID-19 positive person or a presumed COVID-19 positive/under investigation for COVID-19 person within your household?
- Do you have a fever (100.0 or higher)?
- Are you experiencing a loss of taste or smell?
- Are you experiencing any flu-like symptoms such as acute runny nose (active nasal discharge), cough, difficulty breathing, chills, body aches, fatigue or sore throat?
Prior to Your Scheduled Appointment:
- Please brush your teeth at home prior to coming to the office.
- Masks are still required in our office (please no valve masks).
Upon Your Arrival at the Office:
- 30 minutes prior to your appointment you will receive a text on your phone from our office.
- Respond to that text with the number “5” when you arrive at our office. Please wait in your car until we call or text you to come in. You will only receive a response when we are ready to see you.
- For patients under 18 we ask that one responsible adult comes in the office with them to sign our consent forms and paperwork.
- We are still trying to limit numbers in the office in order to keep all as safe as possible. While we prefer only one parent/adult accompany a patient, as long as everyone is wearing their mask and staying in the treatment room, it is ok to have more than one person (a second parent, a sibling without an appointment, etc.) with a patient.
- For patients under 18 who came into their appointments alone, and a parent/guardian/caretaker waits in the car, either the assistant or hygienist or doctor will update you at the end of the appointment.
Increased Patient Safety Measures:
- Extensive training for doctors and staff on new protocols and procedures in response to the pandemic.
- Medical-grade HEPA air filters in each treatment room capable of removing particles smaller than the COVID-19 virus.
- Every person who enters our office including doctors, staff, and patients are screened to ensure we limit exposure to any risk factors for COVID-19 in compliance with Massachusetts Department of Public Health and CDC guidelines.
- All of our treatment chairs are over 6 feet apart.
- Protocol for dental cleanings/select procedures to minimize aerosol spray.
- Whenever possible during appointments we use a rubber dam and high volume suction to reduce aerosol spray.
- Patients will be asked to call if they are diagnosed with COVID-19 within 48 hours of their dental visit.
- Following strict protocols on re-scheduling appointments for patients with flu-like symptoms.
- Dental treatment rooms will be completely disinfected before each patient is seated, and public areas including restrooms will be cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- All treatment rooms have high-volume air filtration and purification units. The units are capable of removing particles smaller than the COVID-19 virus.
- Our team strictly follows guidelines set forth by the CDC, ADA, and OSHA in regards to personal protective equipment (PPE) and office sterilization.
Checking Out After Your Appointment:
- For pediatric and orthodontic patients, if a parent/guardian/caretaker waits in the car, patients will be escorted out of the office by a dental assistant/hygienist/doctor and reunited with their responsible adult who will be updated, as necessary.
- Our front desk is open to take payments and schedule appointments.
We welcome any questions you have. Thank you for your support and patience. We look forward to seeing you again as our patients, neighbors, and friends!